Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Try Different Fishing Spots


I tend to revisit the same fishing spots all the time. It is a habit. I am comfortable with these places. Last year I tried a couple different places, but they didn't pan out. I am pretty happy with trout, bass, perch, even hornpout/catfish. Most of the places I go to are along rivers or streams. A few are on ponds or lakes.

Now I have on my list a few new areas to test. I am not sure whether they will be good in the summer's heat or in the cooler weather of fall. I figure I will try them now in the hot summer. If they don't work out, I will go back in the fall and see if I get any bites.

I know if I see repeat bass fishermen along certain places, I might have a better chance there to hook a big bass. I know some spots that are great for fly fishing that I haven't gone to yet.

I know that I will be hitting some of these sweet fishing holes after the sun  goes down. Now with so many cases of mosquitoes testing positive for West Nile Virus and EEE, I will have to load up on bug spray. I also have to watch out for those nasty ticks; in the spring I got one on me and came down with Lyme disease. That set me back a bit. I get a bit nervous going outdoors to go fishing because that is where I think I picked up that tick. Remember to put on the bug goop.

Let's see if I can catch a bass or trout or anything for that matter.

See you on the water...

1 comment:

  1. Fishing is a popular hobby the world over. Learn the basics and the mechanics of fishing right here.

    Salmon Fishing Tips

    ReplyDelete