Friday, February 13, 2015

It has been a while since I blogged. I have always loved to go surfcasting for stripers. Back when I was little, I used to go fishing with my father. Sometimes my uncle would come along. With my father and uncle, we would fish mostly from beaches that we accessible by regular cars, not dune buggies.

My most memorable times were when we went with my uncle's neighbor in his dune buggy. We would pile all of our gear into the jeep and head out over to either Herring Cove or Race Point in Provincetown, Massachusetts on Cape Cod to get onto the sand. Then we would follow the gulls and the fish down the beach. 

Sometimes we fished during the day or all night long. I think it depended on the the moon most when we fished at night, now that I look back at it.

Most of the time we used sea worms. Even then I would put them on my own hooks. Even though I was scared of their pinchers, I still did  it.  

I have been out fishing from a charter boat just a few times. I really don't know why I haven't been going out to do more fishing that way. Maybe it is because many of my friends either don't like deep sea fishing or don't like to go out on boats at all. Thinking about it, I should never have listened to them, and I should have just gone on my own any way.

Well, I know this charter boat captain, Captain Tom Miloleski. He and I have put together some great information for you. The two of us have a chat where he reveals some of his secrets for fishing for stripers. Some of his tips will work whether you are surf casting or fishing from a boat. It is loaded with some great information. He also has some recent up-to-date there as well. You can check out our chat by going to:

Captain Tom and Anne's chat about striped bass fishing 

I invite you to go and check it out know and let me know what you think.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment